As concerns rapidly grow regarding the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), Lexington County School District Three wanted to communicate with our stakeholders the ways in which we are being proactive in what is evolving to be a worldwide health issue.
Lexington Three is working closely with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control to stay apprised of new developments concerning COVID-19. It’s important to note that according to DHEC, the chances of being infected are low unless a person traveled to a destination with widespread/sustained transmission of COVID-19 (i.e. China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, Japan) or had contact with a person who is known to have COVID-19.
However, due to the constantly evolving nature of the virus and situation, DHEC will continue to monitor Centers for Disease Control (CDC) developments and Lexington Three will take appropriate actions as needed based on guidance received from DHEC and the SC Department of Education.
In the meantime, Lexington Three is asking parents, staff and students to take a few precautionary measures to help prevent the transmission of a wide-range of illnesses, including COVID-19.
--Wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
--Avoid touching of the eyes, nose and mouth.
--Cover the mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing; immediately discard used tissues in a waste basket.
--Parents should keep children who are ill at home, especially those with a fever or who exhibit coughing. Children should be fever-free for at least 24 hours (without the use of medicine) before returning to school.
Lexington Three’s dedicated custodial staff will continue to keep our schools clean and sanitized, while our school nurses and faculty members will work to emphasize good hygiene practices among our students.
A wealth of information regarding COVID-19 has been shared by the State Department of Education and DHEC to help keep the public abreast of the illness and its developments. Click below to view these additional resources.
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet: https://scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/Library/CR-012550.pdf
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- Coronavirus and Children: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/children-faq.html
- What You Need To Know About Coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
- Stop The Spread Of Germs: https://scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/Library/CR-012563.pdf
- Monitoring and Testing: https://www.scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/monitoring-testing-covid-19
- Who Is At Risk?: https://www.scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/assets/covid-19/socialmedia/COVID_risk.jpg
We appreciate your help and support as we work to keep our students, staff and overall Batesburg-Leesville community healthy.
For general questions about COVID-19, there is a DHEC Care Line. Call 1-855-472-3432. Staff are answering calls from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week.
In addition, anyone with questions about Lexington Three's efforts can contact the District Office at 803-532-4423.